Monday, May 13, 2013

Back In The Saddle: Day 1


Now that I'm home from college for the summer, I have access to a full kitchen.  Hallelujah.  I'm beyond excited to "get back in the healthy saddle", starting with cooking my own, healthy food. Here's some of my concoctions from today.

Breakfast
2 turkey sausage patties with organic 100% pure maple syrup
Egg white omelet with spinach, topped with salsa




Lunch
Romaine salad with cucumbers, edamame, and red pepper viniagrette
Strawberry banana smoothie topped with chia seeds (see recipe below!)





Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
1 ripe banana, sliced
5-6 strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. organic honey
4 oz. milk (I prefer skim, but any kind will work)
1 tsp. chia seeds

Combine banana, strawberries, yogurt, honey, and milk in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Sprinkle chia seeds on top. Easy enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment