Sunday, May 19, 2013

Clean Eating Blackberry Jam

That store bought jam is full of ingredients I can't pronounce, so I just skip it all together. But lately, I've been craving some jam for my morning toast.  I've come across a few recipes that sounded yummy, but I decided to create my own... Enjoy!



You'll need:

1 cup of frozen blackberries (you can also use raspberries or strawberries)
1 tbsp. chia seeds
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. water
1 tbsp of organic pure honey (if your berries are tart, add a little extra honey)
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Allow the berries to thaw in a mixing bowl overnight in the refrigerator.



Once they are completely thawed, drain the excess juice. (Save it for a smoothie!)



Mash the berries with a fork until you reach the desired consistency. (If you like your jam to have large, hearty piece of fruit, don't mash as much.) Pour the chia seeds, water, honey and vanilla in the mixing bowl with the berries. Mix well.



Cover the mixture and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until the jam thickens.



Enjoy it on your toast in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment