Friday, June 14, 2013

5-10-15 Workout

Admittedly, I take a break from my strict workout routine when I'm on vacation. I do try to squeeze in a few workouts though.  Hilton Head is great for biking.  The island has miles of trails that I've hit a few times this week.  With today being our last full day here, my dad and I thought we'd switch things up a bit and ride our bikes on the actual beach instead.  We road just under 7 miles.  The resistance from the sand really intensified our workout. And I enjoyed a delicious iced skinny vanilla latte afterwards.


I've been so lucky to be able to ride my bike here, but if you can't bike on your vacation, try this quick 30 minute workout before you hit the beach. You don't need any equipment and it will keep you on track.  Even if you only do this one workout the entire week, it's better than nothing.



2 minute warmup
Do whatever kind of cardio you like.  I alternate between jumping jacks, boxer shuffle, high knees, and tuck jumps.  Just move non-stop for 2 minutes.

5 minutes of Arms
Set a timer on your watch or phone for 5 minutes and perform these exercises continuously (at your own pace) until time is up.
10 pushups
10 tricep dips (use a table or chair for support)
Repeat

10 minutes of Abs
Perform these exercises continuously until time is up.
10 crunches
30 bicycles (15 on each side)
30 second plank
20 toe touches (lie on your back with feet straight up in the air, and touch your toes while doing a crunch)
Repeat

15 minutes of legs
Perform these exercises continuously until time is up.
15 squats
20 plie squats
20 lunges (10 each leg)
20 second lunge pulse (10 seconds each leg)
50 bridges (hip lifts) Lay on your back with feet planted on the ground slightly in front of you. Raise your hips as high as you can. Keep your butt tight. Lower your hips slightly-not all the way back to the ground. And lift back up. That is one.
20 leg lifts. (10 on each side.) Lay on your left side with legs extended. Raise the right leg as high into the air as you can. Slowly lower it. That is one. Repeat exercise on the right side.
Repeat


No comments:

Post a Comment