Thursday, May 16, 2013

HIIT Dance

Good morning, all!  So rather than hitting the gym this morning, I decided to do my own HIIT* workout at home instead. Not even two minutes in to the workout, I felt bored and unmotivated.  I thought about calling it quits and using today as my rest day, but that was unsettling too. If you know me you know that I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. to dance.  So I decided to turn my HIIT workout into a High Intensity Dance Session. And let me tell you... I have never been so sweaty and tired, but it was so much fun.  You don't even have to leave your house for this workout. (In fact, it's probably better if you don't....) And all it takes is about 30 minutes.  This workout is perfect for the days you just don't have any motivation, because who doesn't love dancing?



First, create a playlist. Here are the songs I played:

Bring It Back by Travis Porter
Ayy Ladies by Travis Porter ft. Tyga
Wop by J. Dash ft. Flo Rida
Single Ladies by Beyonce
Outta Your Mind by Lil Jon ft. LMFAO
R.I.P. by Young Jeezy ft. 2 Chainz
No Hands by Waka Flacka Flame
Here Comes The Boom by Nelly


Then, start dancing! But remember, this is a workout, so incorporate exercises you would do in a traditional HIIT workout, such as...

-high knees
-squats
-punches
-alternating leg kicks
-lunges
-jumping jacks
-tuck jumps
-scissor kicks
-boxer shuffle

If you're feeling really energized, add some burpees to your routine.

Most of my dancing was in a low, plie position. The lower you squat, the more you'll feel it in your legs.  Just make sure you have good form so you don't hurt your knees or back. This workout isn't just about your legs though, be sure to incorporate arm movements in there, too! Don't forget to take short breaks between songs for some water. Alternate your moves during every song, much like you would alternate the exercises during a HIIT workout.

There's really no rules for this workout, but the more you move, the more calories you'll burn, and trust me, you'll be exhausted by the end of it. So have fun with it, but work hard to reap the benefits.


*HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training

No comments:

Post a Comment