Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Easiest Zucchini Cakes You'll Ever Make

I love zucchini cakes, but I can never find a recipe simple enough to actually want to try.  Let's be honest, if the recipe has more than about 5 or 10 ingredients, I'm not interested.  If you have a similar mindset, or just want another great recipe, try this! (And these babies are so yummy.) I saw the recipe on thegraciouspantry.com, and modified it a bit. I ate all the zucchini cakes that one batch of batter made (maybe I was just extra hungry...), so to serve two people, double the ingredients.

You'll need:

1 small zucchini, grated
1/4 cup of dry, quick cook oats
6 tbsp. liquid egg whites or 3 regular egg whites
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese (you can use 1/4 cup grated if it's all you have on hand)

dash of black pepper (optional)
2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.  Spoon onto a skillet over medium heat, forming small patties. Cook a few minutes on each side, or until the cakes set up and are golden brown.



These would be delicious with hummus, salsa, or just by themselves.  I put a little ketchup and mustard on the side of mine. So, so, so, yummy.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment